You have the following rights with regard to the processing of your personal data:
- Right of access to your personal data and provision of information about the purposes of processing, the personal data categories, recipients, to whom personal data is being disclosed, storage deadlines etc.
- Right to rectification – you may request rectification of your personal data, in case those are incorrect or incomplete.
- Right of deletion (right to “be forgotten”) – you may request your personal data to be deleted upon the following grounds: the personal data is no longer needed for the purposes, for which they have been collected /processed; upon withdrawal of your consent, in the cases when the data processing is based on such consent; when there are no other legal grounds for the processing; when the data has been unlawfully processed, etc.
- Right to restrict the processing within a certain period, when the accuracy of data is disputable or there is objection to their processing on grounds of the controller’s lawful interests.
- Right of personal data portability – to receive your personal data in a structured, widely used and machine-readable format, in the cases when these are being processed in an automated way on grounds of consent or contractual obligation, upon availability of technical capacity for their provisioning.
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data, in the cases when their processing is being made on grounds of the controller's lawful interest.
- Right to complain before the Commission for Personal Data Protection (CPDP) or to the court in line with the processing of your personal data. More information is available on the webpage of the Commission for Personal Data Protection: www.cpdp.bg, where you could file a complaint.
Exercising of your rights
Every natural person may exercise his/her rights through filing an application. The application template forms are available at any office of ours and will be provided to you by our employees upon request. Requests for exercising of your rights shall be submitted personally or by a person, explicitly authorized by you. Upon exercising of your rights DZI shall be obliged to identify you, as well as verify your identity in your capacity as data subject. For the purpose DZI may demand from you a valid identification document upon acceptance of an application for exercising of a certain right and upon provision of the information, requested by you. In accordance with the requirements of the Regulation, DZI shall not reply to an application by a data subject, in case DZI is not in a capacity to identify the person and verify his/her identity.
Applications for exercising of rights by data subjects can be filed on paper at any office of DZI, or at its Head Office. More information about DZI service locations is available on our website in Contacts section.
DZI will provide information about the actions, initiated in line with the submitted application for exercising of rights, within a period of one month of the application’s receipt. Upon need this period may be extended with another two months, while taking into account the applications’ complexity and number. DZI will inform you of each extension of the period within one month of the application’s receipt. You may ask in writing questions of various nature, pertaining to the processing of your personal data, both on site at your servicing office, as well as electronically at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The exercising of your rights shall not be binding upon the obligation of DZI to provide your personal data to the competent authorities for the purpose of prevention, investigation and disclosing of crimes, frauds and other unlawful acts.