KBC logo

Contact us

Contact us

0700 16 166

On the territory of Bulgaria

International number
+359 700 16 166

International line

Health care
0700 11 555

Health line

Offices and centers

Offices and centers

Damage help

In case of health problem

 Road Carrier’s Liability  Insurance (CMR)

Road Carrier’s Liability Insurance (CMR)

This insurance is one of the most frequently used Professional Liability Insurance - extremely important for Carrier’s sound and secure business.

Nutshell Info

The Road Carrier’s Liability Insurance is intended for insuring the liability
of road transport operators, registered in Republic of Bulgaria, which transport freight against payment.

The insurance premium is determined depending on the number and type of motor vehicles, territorial coverage and the chosen additional coverage options.

Insurance policy period: Usually one year or another explicitly agreed period of time


Main coverage options

For international carriers
  • Carrier liability for total or partial loss and/or damage to the goods transported by road, pursuant to Chapter IV of the Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road (CMR)
  • Expenditures made for freight rate, customs fees and other expenses, associated with the carriage of goods
For domestic carriage on the Republic of Bulgaria’s territory
  • Carrier liability for total or partial loss and/or damage to the goods, transported by road, pursuant to the Road Transport Act (RTA)

Additional Coverage Options

Cabotage operations in the European Union According to the legislation on road transport in various European countries which allow cabotage operations
Under certain conditions, insurance coverage may be expanded with the following additional coverage options:
  • Cabotage operations on the territory of Germany
  • Loss/damage of a container upon a road accident and/or fire
  • Loss/damage of a trailer/semi-trailer upon a road accident and/or fire
  • Haulage of ADR cargo
  • Haulage of cargo in refrigerated vehicles


Additional information

Manner of payment? You can pay the insurance premium in cash or via a bank transfer. Due subsequent installments can be paid online.
Where can you conclude an insurance policy? At DZI offices, as well as with our professional partners (agents and brokers)

Needed documents for policy conclusion

  1. Proposal-questionnaire for conclusion of a Road Carrier’s Liability Insurance
  2. A valid license to carry out haulage on the territory of Republic of Bulgaria
  3. License to perform international haulage - Community license
  4. Motor vehicle registration certificate

Take a look at other offers of DZI

Casco+ Motor Insurance

A car is a serious investment. If you want good protection for your car, including road assistance services in Bulgaria and upon travel abroad, choose our Casco+ insurance.

View more

Roadside Assistance Insurance

Should your wish be your vehicle’s security, ensure your peace of mind by choosing our Roadside Assistance Insurance.

View more